Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Day 17: Pushing On

I was working out today I began to feel this power. I don't know how to explain it but I was pushing harder and harder without any feeling of fatigue. I just worked harder and harder. I was listening to this song over and over. I posted it a few posts ago. Its about how we need to play the background. I listened carefully to the lyrics and I was inspired I guess. I was motivated. This song talks about how God can take the lead in my life. "Just let me follow you and let me trace your lines". I want that with all that I am. I want to follow God without care of what others think.

I remember the feelings I had a few months ago. I felt like I wasn't a man because I didn't have the appearance of power. Every man wants to feel strong but I am understanding what real strength is. I am reading Joshua like I said yesterday. This book has me thinking about how God can take us from where we were slaves to sin and give us the desires of our hearts. He did it with Israel. He took them to Cannan and gave them all that He had promised. He poured His blessings on them even though they had turned from Him several times. He rewarded them for their persistence. God really held up His end of the bargain.

So for day 17, I accomplished the following:

No Drinking
No Smoking
P90X diet and exercise (plus a 3 mile run)
No lying
No dates

Changes:

This is the first time in my life that I have began to make positive habits for myself. I am noticing that every day I work out and read my Bible, I am motivated to continue. It seems that it is all I think about. I wake up and can't wait to read and work out. I feel better than I have ever felt.

"But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!