Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 18: Never, never, never give up

This day has had so many mixed emotions for me. I am certainly struggling in many ways. I had to beg God today to release me from my past. I have been caught in thought about regrets I have and digging up the sins I have buried. It is a good and bad day. I avoided P90X because it was Yoga and I didn't want to diet last night. This whole work schedule has got me off track. I am going to have to get used to it.

My biggest hurdle is reminding myself that God is in control and I can never give up. I was running today. 3.8 miles I ran. I was getting tired and I was thinking about all those aforementioned issues and I just began to pray as hard as I could. I was just begging God for freedom. And then the words "never give up" popped into my head. With every step I repeated those words. "Never Give UP!" It was the longest run I have had since starting P90X.

So for day 18, I accomplished the following:

No Drinking
No Smoking
P90X Diet
No Lying
No Dates

Changes:

I felt like I reverted back to a mind set that was destructive today. I am glad that I have this blog to be able to pour this information into because in writing it down, I am able to process the thoughts I am having and the source of the frustration. Returning to God every day and begging Him to take the lead is the only way to survive in this world. When you think about it, living on this earth for 70 years is nothing when measured against eternity. So why not live this life for God? It is a hard 70 years but I just have to remind myself that God's got this. Never, never, never give up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!