Sunday, March 20, 2011

Day 36: It Matters How You're Gonna Finish

Today, I hod so much energy. I went for a run, did p90x and still felt like doing more. Unfortunately, I pulled a calf muscle so I couldn't continue but I am feeling so energetic. The weight is just falling off now. I was 199 last week and have already lost 2 pounds since then. I am just losing weight hand over foot. I am feeling so good and loving the changes that are happening physically.

I am also enjoying the changes spiritually. It is hard to gauge success in your spiritual life. I have to keep looking back (not something I enjoy doing usually) to see where I have come from. It seems that every day I am asking God for help. I remember two months ago when days would go by without me even thinking about God. Now it consumes my life. I care much less about what others think of my new found desire for truth, peace, and freedom. They may or may not understand, but like I said yesterday, nothing else matters.

So for day 36, I accomplished the following:

No Drinking
No Smoking
P90x Diet and Exercise
No Lying
No Dating

Changes:

I know I have talked about this before but I sometimes find it hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know that I want to continue this experience and I feel like this 90 days is allowing me to plan for my next 90 days. I have to develop a plan but I also want to finish these first 90 days strong. There are times during this experience that I feel like giving up but I know that God has other plans. I honestly couldn't have made it this far without the help of God. I shared a video a while ago about a guy with no arms and no legs. His message is so powerful that I am gonna share it again.

"It matters how you're gonna finish. Are you gonna finish strong?"

1 comment:

  1. Keep it up Josh! You've come so far and are doing great!
    Remember your words: "You really can do anything for 30 seconds. So why not live the next 30 seconds of your life for the next 30 seconds of your life? If you tackle a day that way then you aren't nearly as discouraged."

    Thoughts and prayers,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!