Friday, March 25, 2011

Day 41: True Power

There is a saying in the new Robin Hood movie that intrigues me. It says, "Rise and rise again, until lambs become lions." I have always wondered where this notion of power comes from. I feel like the lion is the symbol of power in the animal kingdom but with humans, what symbolises true power? Money, fame, strength? I have been working out a ton and getting more and more in shape every day. I feel stronger but I still feel sort of emasculated. I feel like I am not a man. I don't know why this is but the feeling seems to grow when I am around this girl.

I feel like that rejection has set my mind on searching for true power. God never asked me to be a fighter or asked me to put on brave face. He never wanted me to show strength of body or be a millionaire. He made me to show He cares. He made me to show that true power doesn't come through self but the power of Him through me. Everything that I am is because of Him and if I give up on me then I am giving up on God. I am saying that God can't do it. But God can do it, and God will do it. God doesn't make mistakes, doesn't get tired, never gives up, and pushes me to finish.

This race is long and hard. Sometimes it seems impossible and sometimes I can't see the end. But God's got this. He is carrying me and I know that when I rely on Him, NOTHING else matters. I am forever in His care and from this comes true power.

So for day 41, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x diet
No lying
No dating

Changes:

I am going to show a video that truly inspired me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!