Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 42: .....God

I was watching this DVD this morning called How Great Is Our God. It is by Louie Giglio. He is a Christian speaker and very inspiring. It was amazing to listen to this talk though. I have heard it several times but missed most of it for some reason. I was watching it this morning and it finally clicked with me. I don't know what God is doing in my life or why I feel so alone but this talk seemed to spark something in me.

I have been slapped in the face again and snapped out of my daze and dream. God is so much bigger than me and I am so insignificant. I don't matter at all and sin has made me think I am important. Sin has blown up my head and given me an ego. After watching that talk, I don't know how anyone could turn their back on God. I don't understand how God take s a back seat in any one's life! I mean He just spoke and created everything including me. I would not be here if God had not made me and formed me. I owe everything to God. I will never turn my back on Him knowing that I am nothing without Him.

But the cool thing is, I am everything with Him. I am important with God and I do matter with God. So do you. With God, you matter. You are important. You are special. You do have tiger blood (ha). And God did find us special or else Christ would not have died for us. Today I am humbled and blown away at the greatness of my God. The God I choose to serve because the only life outside of Christ leads to death and the only life inside Christ leads to eternity.

So for day 42, I am going to accomplish the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x Diet and exercise
No Lying
No dating

Changes:

I have been thinking about this girl a lot and I am not sure why. I don't believe that I will ever get back together with her but I think that God keeps putting her in my mind because I have an opportunity here. I have never been a positive influence in my life or felt like one at least. I feel like this is a chance to be that influence. I wish I knew the feelings I was having but this is the best I can explain it.

I want my friends, family, and people I care about to............. God.

1 comment:

  1. Just so you know, Louie Giglio and Chris Tomlin will be at the Wells Fargo theater in Denver on Tuesday, April 5. I know you are kind of far but maybe...:)

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!