Friday, March 18, 2011

Day 34: Grace and Love

Just began 2 Chronicles today. It is quite the read. It starts out with Solomon asking God for wisdom. I know books have been written on this prayer but it truly is amazing. God basically tells Solomon to ask for anything he wants, anything at all. Now, when I heard this when I was young, I used to think of God being like a genie. He popped out of a lamp and gave Solomon one wish. Obviously not true but the principle is the same.

Solomon asked God for wisdom and knowledge so he could govern his people right. This pleased God. He was happy that Solomon had asked for this. I want to have the heart of Solomon so that I can truly want wisdom above all other desires. I want to be able to discern what is right and what is wrong.

This blog is all about finding freedom. I am still bound to this earth by so many things. I wish I had the heart of Solomon. I wish with all my heart that I was free from this world and all my evil ways. I wish I didn't still make mistakes that I have to ask God to forgive me for. I wish that I could be as wise as Solomon, but here is the conundrum, even Solomon made mistakes in all his wisdom. So where can I find true freedom?

So for day 34, I accomplished the following:

No Drinking
No Smoking
P90x Diet and Exercise
No Lying
No Dating

Changes:

I am now a few pounds under 200 and I am realizing that I still have a long ways to go. But if I keep up the weight loss throughout the next 50 some days I may reach my goal of 180. I am excited about the prospect of that happening.

I prayed while running again today. This song kept popping into my head and I am not sure where to find true freedom but this song sure helps me gain some perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!