Friday, April 1, 2011

Day 47: Pray and Move Forward

Job is a great book so far. Job thinks he is so righteous and upright and God is now speaking to Job. He is speaking to Job in a storm and he tells him that He is in control. Not Job. He is the one who holds everything in place and who is Job to question that?

I am struggling with that a bit right now. If God is in control, then why do bad things happen and people on this earth have a miserable existence. Why does life seem to come down to chance? If God has a plan for every persons life then how can some peoples lives look so miserable? I complain a lot about the bad things that have happened to me but they don't hold a candle to the cards others were dealt. I have been looking too long at what I don't have instead of what I do have.

So for day 47, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x diet and exercise
No lying
No dating

Changes:

I am starting to get a lot of attention from women. I don't know how to react to this or what to say. I had a girl from the bank slip her phone number in the deposit tube when she sent my receipt back. What make is harder is she is beautiful. I mean really pretty and I have always thought that. I have made this commitment and I don't know how to react to this or handle it. The girl that started the whole experience is being much more friendly ans is asking me to do things with her outside of work and I don't know how to handle that either. I guess I just have to put it in Gods hands. If you pray and give your day to God then what more can you do? Pray and move forward.

1 comment:

  1. Sometimes I need to remind myself that even though God has wonderful plan for all of us we still have the choice to follow. He never forces the plan on us. And I also need to remember that just as much as I believe there is a God almighty, there is also a devil who thinks he is almighty and was the one asking 'permission' from God to bring to Job all the sorrow. God allowed him to prove a point but God did not cause the trouble. Makes me feel a lot better about the God we serve. Happy Sabbath!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!