Friday, April 8, 2011

Day 54: Every Mans Battle?

I am not sure what every mans battle might be but I know that I am a man and I am in the midst of a battle. I have always dated girls know the outcome. Usually we would begin dating at camp or at school and I knew that inevitably, the relationship would end because of the situation. Long distance is never good in a relationship. Well, now I am in hot water. I have interest in girls but the situation is much the same. I am going to leave and the relationship will end. I think it was a good idea to not date for finding freedom but I am at the point where I want to get to know someone and find out about them. I like the company and enjoy the journey. So I am leaving that part of finding freedom behind.

This journey has changed in the last 54 days. I have discovered so much about myself and about what God means in my life. I don't think the journey is changing at all. I think it is improving. I believe God is leading my life now and I believe that if I pray and move forward then I am living Gods plan for my life. Every day I put my life in His hands and that will bring me freedom.

So for day 54, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
No lying

Changes:

I feel like such a bum because this is my recovery week from P90x. I was supposed to have another one but I blew right through it. So I am trying to take this one more seriously so I won't get burned out. I have a month of intense workouts coming and I want to have the energy to do it. I am also going to be hitting the New Testament in my reading. I am excited about the New Testament. So I am gearing up this week.

So the changes that I am noticing are that I am addicted to working out. If I don't do it, I feel so lazy and rediculous. I am noticing a large amount of muscle mass and I am excited about the physical transformation. I have improved in all three areas I set out to improve. Mental, physical, and spiritual. Physically, I am more fit and healthier. Mentally, I am thinking clearer and thinking things through. Spiritually, I am giving every day to God. Through these elements, I am finding freedom.

1 comment:

  1. Please read this book before you date: Hooked. It would make me happy. It's all about making me happy. I just want you to read it because... I did and it was fascinating. It does not tell you not to date. It does not make an judgments. It's just really interesting. It's a quick read.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!