Thursday, April 7, 2011

Day 53: From Walls to Speed Bumps

I recently read a passage in Psalms 16. David is talking about how he has found strength in the Lord and I find this passage pretty amazing. It gives me some perspective on the gravity of finding freedom in 90 days. The importance of being grounded in something solid. The Psalm says, "I keep my eyes always on the Lord. With Him at my right hand, I WILL NOT be shaken." That is so powerful because it so real. So true. When God is on our side then the battle has already been won. No matter what event comes up in life, no matter what trial is before me, I will not be shaken.

So for day 53, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
No lying


Changes:

The fact that I can look at my life with a different perspective then before seems to give me some light. Being able to look at obstacles or trials as only speed bumps instead of brick walls. Hopefully, I will be able to view them as sidewalks at some point in my life but for now, I know that I may be slowed by my sins, slowed by my decisions, and slowed by my mistakes but I am not going to stop. I am turning walls into speed bumps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!