Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 63: Fate

I don't think I believe in fate. I am not quite sure but it seems that the concept of fate is around for a reason. Faith is something that you believe in because you have hope. Fate is something totally different because fate is something you believe in because you have no control. To me, fate means that something was meant to happen or happened for a reason. I do believe that things happen for a reason in this world but does fate really dictate my life? Am I really that out of control?

I was thinking about God giving us absolute freedom as the human race. If this is true, then did He give us freedom even from Him? I mean complete freedom would mean that we are free even of His foresight right? He knows us and our hearts. He has plans for our futures and plans for our safety. He comes when we call on Him. But beyond these things, what does absolute freedom mean?

So for day 63, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x Diet
No lying
No dating

Changes:

I am starting to feel a little out of control. I have been behind on my reading and am trying to play catch up. I want to finish this goal I have set so I will be buckling down in the next few weeks to really ready and finish what I started. I am feeling like this is a choice that I am making. Not like I was predestined to finish. I made a plan and am following through. Is me finishing this task fate or is it completely my choice?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!