Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 67: Positive Influences

Distraction is an interesting concept because it seems I am constantly distracted. But if I am focusing on the distractions then the distractions are really my goal and not a distraction at all but success instead right? I only ask because the reality is that everything I do is a distraction from something else. Whether I am working out to distract myself from the mundane life of sitting on the couch watching TV or I am at work checking my facebook to distract me from the frustration and stress of the environment.

It seems that I am living in a constant state of distraction. Even this journey is a distraction from the negative things in my life. My question is when does life become real? When do I just live a full and honest life with no distractions? When are my intentions, my heart, my integrity, and my will going to be strong enough that distraction never needs to be a part of my vocabulary?

Sol for day 67, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x Diet and exercise
No lying

Changes:

My motivation is sort of stagnant. I am finding it hard to continue this experience and keep up with the rigorous schedule. But the difference now has been good friends encouraging me and helping me through. Friends that call to work out with me and ask if I have finished my reading. Positive influences.

1 comment:

  1. Good Questions...! You are absolutely right that there are so many distractions on Life's road. Peter was distracted with fear, waves, wind, uncertainty, arrogance and pride when he hit the water...! All he did was take his eyes off Jesus when he broke through the surface tension of Galilee's lake water when he sank. What did he do to get back on top...? Recognize his present condition and bring his eyes back around to Jesus...!
    There are so many more examples in His Word of people who took their eyes off of Jesus and those who riveted their eyes onto Jesus. So you want less distractions? You want to life to be worthwhile? God has given us the freedom to choose. So just Do It..! Choose Him...!
    For His ways are higher than our ways and His thoughts our thoughts. Isaiah 55:8, 9 When you choose Jesus, then He promised to give those who choose Him Perfect Peace...! Peace that is out of this world...!
    John 14:27
    These examples of people who took their eyes off of Jesus and chose not to follow Him like the Rich Young Ruler Mark 10:17 - 31, Pharaoh, Judas, among others resulted in loss of Eternal Purpose. Then there are those who riveted their eyes onto Jesus and look at their example / lives. It wasn't all roses and easy but it was the act of taking up your cross daily and then following Jesus. Then He promised that His yoke would be light and the burden easy because He is there to help you lift it...!
    Jesus said that He is the main vine and we are the branches. Unless we choose to connect ourselves with Jesus we will not be fruitful. We can choose Jesus who will then with that choice graft you unto Himself. Then as a branch recieves the life fluids from the vine, then leaves emerge, flowers bloom, and the fruit follows. Bio 101 : )
    This fruit is there to nourish others so they in turn can choose Jesus and get grafted in also. I tell you the truth, as you get plugged in with Jesus, then your thoughts turn away from "I" and it goes out for the wellbeing of others...! Matthew 25: 31 - 40.
    SO these distractions you are plagued with will soon dim out and fall by the wayside when you rivet your eyes on Jesus the author and finisher of your Faith...!
    So Josh Kanen, choose Jesus today right now, and tomorrow and the next day...! When you wake up, thank Him for the gift of life He has granted you so you in turn can touch the lives of others.

    Give me your eyes
    http://www.youtube.com/artist?a=GxdCwVVULXeGjBaStC_PFufnXnphE-Hb&feature=watch_video_title

    Sincerely,

    Mr. Nob

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!