Monday, April 11, 2011

Day 57: Motivation

The days seem to be going by faster and faster. I don't know why or how but they do. I feel like it was only yesterday that I was starting this challenge. So I went over to a friends house last night to discuss the issues I am having with women and dating. I was given some advice that opened my eyes. She told me that if I really wanted something to happen with this girl, then I would tell her to wait. Wait until I finish the challenge I set out to finish. If she waits, then she just may be worth the risk. If she doesn't then there are other fish in the sea. This will sort of be a test to see whether or not she thinks I am worth it.

So I went over to the girls house and we talked about it. I asked her to respect my journey and she sort of blew me away with her response. She told me she had already been thinking about it and she didn't want to get in the way of this journey. She wanted to back off and respect the challenge. I loved hearing that and I very excited. Not that I want her to wait for me or anything, but I I can finish this challenge I presented to myself without distraction. If she is there at the end that I will be very happy. If not, I will still be happy because I can respect myself.

So for day 57, I accomplished the following:

No drinking
No smoking
P90x diet and exercise
No lying
No dating

Changes:

My motivation has changed significantly. I used to do things because I wanted to be noticed for my efforts but now I am doing things because of God. He is waking me up, giving me energy, filling my heart with happiness and this is what is giving me the strength I need to continue. Ask anyone who knew me before and they will tell you that I was not the most motivated person. In fact, I was lazy. But with the help of God and my new found joy of life, I am able to find pure, unadulterated motivation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!