Sunday, February 20, 2011

Day 7: Sabbath

I am so thankful for the Sabbath. I didn't realize how much I needed a Sabbath until I started this. I was extremely tired and ready for a day of just rest. It was necessary and beneficial. I hung out with some friends (something I haven't done in a long time. We went to the mountains and went snowshoeing. It was my first time and I was not anticipating how hard it was going to be. It was a definite workout but I will say this, it was amazing to be outside in nature. We hiked for a little while until lightening started striking close to us. We kept going but got a little nervous. We finally stopped and let the snow fall on us. It covered all our tracks. It was so peaceful out there. We then headed for the road and headed back to the car.

I thank God for this day of rest. I needed it. So far I haven't noticied my relationship with God growing much. I haven't had the urge to have consistant prayer time with Him. I am not sure why. I think it may be because of the disconnect I see with Him in the Old Testament. I mean, He was much more involved but also much more furious and violent. I don't see a personal God who cares about me on a personal level.

So for day 7 I accomplished the following:

No Drinking
No Smoking
No Lying

Changes:

The biggest change I have noticed to date is that others have noticed a change in me. I am not so noticing it but people are inviting me places, they want to talk, hang out. It is just nice to know that people are seeing a change in me.

Sabbath, what a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!