Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 11: The Elevator

Today was by far the worst day I have had since I started this challenge. I didn't eat well, I didn't read my Bible, I thought about all the bad stuff going on in my life, I didn't get any homework done. Basically I wasted my whole day. I am ashamed to say the least. I feel like I let myself down. I let God down. But as I sit here typing, I think about what tomorrow will bring. It is a new day and I don't have take what happened today as a let down. Maybe it was a chance for me to refocus. I lost sight of my goals today and fell as a result.

So for day 11, I accomplished the following.

No Drinking
No Smoking
No Dates

Changes:

Weight loss and soreness once again. Today I noticed a definite lack of motivation on my part. I am not sure if it was because it was a stressful day at work or if it is because I began to think about the future again. I need to just focus on now. Trying to get through life one day at a time and not worrying about what the future holds. I fell hard today but I want to get back up and continue strong. I am reminded of an analogy of Jesus being like an elevator taking you to the Father on the top floor. Once I am in Christ (the elevator) I am going up, but if I fall in the elevator am I still going up? Of course I am. The elevator doesn't change directions. It just goes up. I just don't want to push the stop button. I am in Christ and I am going to get back up. The elevator hasn't stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment sharing what struggles, successes, ideas, or thoughts!